.Yes

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Unit Reflection: Waves all around us


Unit Reflection: Waves all around us
5/7/2011


How does the use and study of waves affect societal well-being?

From the past until today, waves were around us; ocean waves, radio waves, sound waves etc. As they became to interested about the waves, they observed and looked forward to the details about the waves. As a result, studying about different types of waves and their movements gave us knowledge about how waves interact with us. Since we know that waves are all around us, we know better about waves. The use and the study of waves affect societal well-being by giving us knowledge about the waves all around us.

What did you learn during the unit? (Looking at the picture you drew-how has your knowledge changed?)

As we approached to the unit "Waves around us," the thought, which first came into my mind us, elevator music. Since, I knew that the elevator music produces sound waves for us, however as I learned step by step and became intellectual about the unit, I understood better. As you can see on the top bubbl.us graph above, I wrote some that I knew, and I wanted to mention that what really surprised me was the idea about this unit. Due to the fact that Japanese Tsunamis occurred while we were learning about the Water Waves (For example), we could write and learn better.

What did you like?

The thing that I liked about this unit was learning about the Seismograph Lab and writing the Tsunamis Essay; I especially enjoyed it since because I was able to learn and gather information about the world wide tsunamis and the seismograph relation to it. But what I really liked about this unit (seismograph lab) was that, I got to use my creativity to design and create it. Though it didn't work that well due to inconvenient problem, I understood the influence and the importance of this tool. First, I thought that that machine only detects the seismic waves, however after going in-dept, I found that it could save thousands of life; the communication device was amazing. So overall, I thought that due to scientists amazing discovery, thousands of people can be safe.

What would you change or add for next year's grade 7 students?

From my perspective, what I want next year's 7th grade to focus on, will be Electromagnetic Spectrum; it is not that the unit is hard, I think that we went and learned too fast. So, I don't think I learned that much, for next year's 7th grade learners, they should be focusing more on Electromagnetic Spectrum.


No comments:

Post a Comment